Jon Lord RIP

Posted on July 16, 2012

Very sad to hear of Jon’s death, following his battle with the demon cancer. One of the great musicians of my generation. Tony Iommi recently worked with Jon, and said what a lovely bloke he was. I met him a few times, but never got to work with him. Blessings.

Comments

1. Rob says:

Jon is one of my great heros. I will miss him dearly.

2. Reslo says:

Very sad news, Jon’s Hammond & Leslie sound is legendary.

3. Pablo says:

Jon was the best keyboard player for me. I never forget him here in Argentina

4. Victor says:

Jon is the god. Rust in peace master!

5. Marcelo says:

Heaven will sound better now.

6. Bernhard says:

And again goes a person who influenced a lot of people trough the years.
    He will be missed.
    Love and strength for family and friends.

7. RIP Jon Lord says:

[...] Geezer Butler commented: “One of the great musicians of my generation. Tony Iommi recently worked with Jon, and said [...]

8. Stefan A says:

Black Sabbath and Deep Purple and their members have been, and are, involved in so much great music, and it feels like all hard rock bands have some connection to you people.
    Losing a part of that communion is very sad.
    And losing the Master of Hammond and a lifelong musical hero is sad.
    Rest in peace Jon

9. Joe Klemmer says:

I was fortunate to see Deep Purple a number of times back in the day. John was a monster on that Hammond.

10. suzanne toth says:

RIP Jhon.

11. suzanne toth says:

So sad RIP Jon.

12. Ali says:

Why? Why cancers are exist??? They have taken another big man… Lord Family: I am sorry for your loss…

13. Melissa Steffey says:

A sad day for all of us who loved his incredible style and talent. Love and condolences to his friends and family <3

14. [...] Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler posted online, “Very sad to hear of Jon’s death, following his battle with the demon cancer. One of [...]

15. Mauro George says:

Lamentavelmente! A baixa de 1 dsos gigantes artistas do Hard Rock.

A nação Bem roxo, sentirá muitas saudades de Jon Lord.

Mauro George.
    Brasileiro, residente a Rio de Janeiro

16. Stephen says:

I had the pleasure of seeing him with dp in 72 sheffield

17. Great musician and a true gent, R.I.P Jon.

18. Helen Maidiotis says:

May God rest his soul…such a legendary part of Rock’n'Roll history has been taken away from us by this dreaded disease. :(
    \m/\m/

19. [...] Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler posted online, “Very sad to hear of Jon’s death, following his battle with the demon cancer. One of the [...]

20. Randall Holm says:

So sad to hear of Jons passing have been a Purple fan since 69.Deepest sympthy to family and former band mates.His music made the world sound so much better.

21. [...] Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler posted online, “Very sad to hear of Jon’s death, following his battle with the demon cancer. One of [...]

22. It’s a really sad day on this monday 16, Jon was the best keyboard sound of the 70′s and over.. One of my favorites of all times, is her 1998 “Pictured Within” solo album, so full of emotions… We already miss you Jon.. God bless you ! Hope you take pleasure in playing with Ronnie… in heaven !

Pascal Borsotto, Marseille – France

23. Tony says:

Rest In Peace and god bless your family

24. [...] Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler posted online, “Very sad to hear of Jon’s death, following his battle with the demon cancer. One of the [...]

25. Lucas Hannon says:

I’m sad about Mr. Lord’s passing. He was and always will be one of the greatest musicians ever. I was lucky to see him with Deep Purple in 2001 and he was unbelievable. I’ve been listening to his music all day. RIP Jon Lord.

26. Johnny Will Rebel says:

Jon Lord shall be forever known to me as Saint Jon Lord the masterful musician’s musician. Lord Jon you are a blessing to so many souls. Eternal peace to you my dear friend. Loving thoughts and comforting prayers to Jon’s family and friends. Thank you Jon Lord for your service to all mankind. Your music shall live forever. Amen

27. rod says:

Jon Lord was one of the greatest musician’s in rock. r.i.p.

28. Karen Saint Claire says:

Whoa!…I just found out this week. (Because… as an artist, I’ve been underground in tunnel vision creativity for the last couple of months and just came back to the surface). As a keyboard player, Jon was a HUGE influence to me. May his spirit soar to the next level of leslie overdriven rock n roll where record stores are goldmines and loyal fans camp out overnight in tents to get the best tickets…`now there’s the love!

29. Timothy Floran says:

G’Day! Geezerbutler,
    Thanks for the info If you have to ask who Deep Purple is, you may have to ask who is Jon lord

RIP Jon

PS: I’ll be playing space trucking from live in japan in memorium
    Nice One!